Asphalt Paving Companies
How Landscaping Helps Improve Your Commercial Parking Lot
A high-quality commercial parking lot should serve not only as an excellent place for customers to park but as an attractive addition to your business aesthetics. Unfortunately, far too few people take advantage of this element when working with asphalt paving companies and end up with driveways or parking lots that are really rather boring and uninteresting.
For example, we at Mid-State Paving & Sealcoating can provide many types of landscaping options for your parking lot. Each of these options is designed to make your property more attractive, engaging, and interesting for potential customers. Just as importantly, we can make you proud of your business and make it the kind of place you are happy to own and show off to others.
How Landscaping Helps Your Parking Lot
The many benefits of great landscaping make it something that you really need to consider for your parking lot. The diversity of these upgrade options and their usefulness for a variety of purposes makes landscaping a great way to upgrade your:
- Beautification – Great landscaping transforms a rather boring and staid parking lot into an imaginative and decorative area. As a result, people will be more likely to remember your business and may be compelled to show others your intriguing parking area.
- Business Safety – Parking lots can be dangerous places if people aren’t careful about how they are driving. However, landscaping elements will force these drivers to slow down and will minimize the risk of in-lot accidents impacting your customers or triggering lawsuits.
- Building Design – Various types of artificial landscaping elements — such as parking gates — can upgrade a business’s building design and make it more modern and safer. These upgrades provide a myriad of benefits, such as making your customers more confident in your services.
- Traffic Control – High-quality landscaping elements in a parking lot produce a unique way to control traffic. For example, trees planted in certain areas can create a barrier around which drivers cannot go and which carefully directs traffic to the best areas of the lot.
These benefits are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to landscaping. For example, we didn’t even mention how some landscaping elements — such as trimmed bushes to create your company logo — can also brand your business and improve its marketing spread. As a result, you really need to seriously consider some great landscaping choices right away.
Natural Landscaping Options to Consider
If you are interested in adding a more natural look to your parking lot, there are many different landscaping options from which you can choose. The following are among the most popular and easy to install and will provide a myriad of benefits:
- Trees – Strips of trees throughout your parking lot will create a sense of structure that makes it easier to understand. Just as importantly, it will contrast the modern style of the parking lot with more natural designs to create an attractive and pleasing look.
- Bushes – Several bushes installed throughout your parking lot also help to create a more natural look and can serve as barriers to various areas. For example, bushes near a sensitive area will detract people from investigating and keep your business more private.
- Rocks – A few large rocks placed throughout your parking lot can serve as barriers and a natural reminder of our evolution from the great outdoors. Try to pick large rocks that are attractive and interesting, such as Petoskey or puddingstone.
If you want to add beautiful all-natural landscaping elements to your parking lot, make sure that you perform simple upkeep on these items. For example, trim the branches and the limbs of the trees and bushes to keep them from getting too large. Doing so also helps to keep out pests, like bees and birds, and keeps your parking lot safe.
Artificial Landscaping Options
Although natural landscaping options are perhaps the most popular, artificial ones provide many surprising benefits. Therefore, you need to understand what types are available for your needs. Just a few of the most popular of these artificial landscaping choices include:
- Barrier Gates – Keeping your business safe often requires installing barrier gates and other security measures to your parking lot. These items will help to control traffic flow in and out of your parking lot and ensure that only the people who need to be there are there.
- Emergency Call Stations – When people have an emergency in a parking lot, they need to get in immediate touch with rescue authorities. Thankfully, emergency call stations provide this kind of quick access to officials such as police officers, firefighters, and hospitals.
- City Maps – In large cities with many different businesses, a high-quality city map is often a good investment. This map will not only look attractive when installed in your parking lot but will make it easier for your customers to find where they want to go.
- Bike Rental Racks – A growing number of cities are adding bike rental racks to their downtown area. These racks attract a large number of customers and can help your company make a little extra money if you own and operate a rack for yourself.
Try to add at least a handful of these artificial landscaping elements to your parking lot to make it a more attractive place for a larger number of people. Try to meet the needs of as many people as possible, but understand you’ll never please everyone. Once you do, you’ll be much better off and more likely to pick the best parking lot landscaping options for your company.
We Can Help You Create a Great Parking Lot
As you can see, landscaping plays a big part in the design of a high-quality parking lot. A few trees and bushes help to make the parking lot seem more natural and alive while other touches, like parking gates, help to increase your parking security and make your company a better place to visit. Make sure to brainstorm a few landscaping ideas that you liked from this list before getting a new parking lot.
And if you want to work with one of the best asphalt paving companies in the area, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Mid-State Paving & Sealcoating right away to set up an inspection appointment. Our professionals will come to your business, identify which types of landscaping elements would work well in your parking lot, and will implement them in a variety of ways.